Thursday, September 22, 2005

NEW INTERNSHIP!

I just got my internship! <trumpets blare here> I needed an internship for my communication elective worth 3 hrs credit. I had trouble getting one earlier. I was in contact with someone else starting late July and they strung me along until two weeks after school started then told me that they couldn't take on an intern until spring semester. But I need it now! This fall semester in order to graduate! So... I had an interview Monday and here it is Thursday, a now employed intern. Well, employed in the basic sense that I'll be going in to work for at least 10 hrs a week but not employed in the sense that it's paid. Yeah, paid would've been great, but I just needed the credit for school. So I win either way! Yea!!!
Oh yeah, the internship is at Lara & Company Creative Advertising and Design because in case you didn't already know, I'm a media advertising major. (And just between you and me, I only picked the major cuz I was crunched to pick one by the time I was done with one year of community college. I saw advertising on TV, in the movies, and main characters in many fiction novels were often in advertising, so I thought, what the hell, sounds alright.) But it's turned out to be interesting and there's lots of room to be creative. One day I hope to come up with and work on a Superbowl commercial. I just hope I'm creative enough. You'd be surprised at how hard it can be sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.