Sunday, August 29, 2010

Break-Up

It's over. The boyfriend and I broke up on August 14th. We dated for a year and two weeks.

This is coming a little late, but understandably I did not feel very much like blogging, writing, going out, talking, or sometimes eating, for a good while. I really don't even feel like getting into it again so here's the short short version:

Things from June were never completely resolved, and so this led to the inevitable end. It's hard to end a romantic attachment after a year. But what's worse is we became each other's best friend too. How does one handle that? You'd think all the movies, TV shows, and chick lit I've encountered over the years would give me an idea; but no. Not so easy when it's real life.

The hurt is gone but what's left now is worry that I'll lose a friend too. I believe we both want to try and be friends... but I know that'll take a while to work out.

Here's hoping it does work out.

No comments: