Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Hooray employment!

After 5 months of coasting on my savings (that quickly began to sink this last month) and looking for a job, I found one! And it's full-time work too.

Yep, I am rejoining the drudgery that is a 40 hour work-week. I accepted a job at Basin Healthcare Center (a new mini-hospital that opened in February) as the new morning receptionist. And when I say morning, boy do I mean morning. We're talking BEFORE the ass-crack of dawn. Today was my first day, and this week I'll be working an average day of 8am to 5pm. But next Monday I'll be starting my permanent shift of 5:45am to 2:15pm. (Pause to absorb the horror of 5:45AM.)

I have no idea how I'm going to do it. I was unprepared for this time slot. The ad in the paper said nothing to the effect of a super early-ass shift. But what was I going to say when they offered me the job? No thank you; I don't want to get up that early? (Sigh.) I need a job because I need money and I was tired of interviewing and submitting resumes to no avail for the last two months. I took the early-ass job.

For 5 months now, I've been quite the night owl...staying up til 2 or 3 in the morning most days and sleeping in till noon, sometimes 1. This was a fine fit for being with my boyfriend who works 1:30pm to 10:30pm. But now... I'm not going to see him as much on a weekday. :(

I can barely wake up by 11:30am right now. Getting up to be at work at 8am was difficult. How am I going to get up at 4:30am??

Wonder how I'll handle it...


First day:

"Let's go!"
7:50am

5:15pm

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aquamarine said...

Don't post advertisements. I will delete.